Saturday, March 15, 2014

Kids Programs That Make Me Crazy

I will admit it right up front:  TV is on in our house most of the time.  It isn't always kid shows:  sometimes it is Modern Family or Worst Cooks in America or Teen Wolf.  Sometimes it is the Soundscapes music on cable.  But more often than not it is Sesame Street or the Sprout channel. I have my favorites and I have the ones that skeeve me out pretty bad.

Let's start with the good ones:

The Chica Show--- I am surprised by this but I like Chica.  Sure I miss Kelly (who doesn't?) but Tanesha is fun too.



Kipper The Dog--  Parker and I LOVE the intro song.  We have a special jazz version of the Kipper Song that we dance to..  Okay mostly I dance to it.


Poppy Cat--  Looks just like Malley so I like Poppy Cat

Dislikes:

Caillou-- I really hate Caillou.  I hate the stupid song which is ridiculously self centered.  The whole song is "I'm Caillou, I'm Caillou"  Yeah we know that shut up already.  I do, however, like Gilbert the Cat.


Barney-- I can't believe they are still showing Barney.  Those were made 20+ years ago.  Seriously


Thomas The Tank Engine:  The song gets stuck in my head.  I don't like how all the engines have something cute but the one engine is "Square" .   The engines are scary looking and the premise of the show doesn't really make sense.  They are on an Island?  How did the engines GET ON THE ISLAND?


So, weigh in peoples!  Where do you stand on kids shows?

No comments:

Post a Comment