Sunday, February 23, 2014

About Me

Introducing... The Nah Nah!!

So here are a few things about me and my life so you know where I am coming from.  
My Name is LeAnn.  I am 51 years old and was a single mom from the time my kids were 12 and 5 years old.  Those same kids are now 29 and 22 and it is my 22 year old who is Parker's Mommy.

  A few years ago my sister and I (also a single mom for the past several years) bought a house together so we could have the support and backup.   In our house we have me, my sister, my daughter (22) and grandson (16 months) and her daughter (14). Occasionally we also have her son (17) who lives with his dad but just recently moved into the area.  We are owned by 7 cats, only one of whom lives in the house.  The rest have set up a guard perimeter surrounding our house. 
 I am the Corporate Controller for a medium sized Masonry Contractor which means I am the only woman in a company of 50-100 male construction workers so I can be a tough old broad.  
The road to becoming a grandmother started out pretty rough since it was not the best of circumstances but that is a story for another day.  These days my grandson is the light of my life and the center of my world and I cannot imagine life with out him.  My daily life includes spending time with him and sharing in his care to a greater extent than your classic Grandma and this can be terrific and overwhelming at turns since his mommy is still growing into her role of mother.  
 I love taking pictures of my little guy and I love putting those pictures into scrapbooks which is becoming a bit retro these days.  Remember when EVERYONE scrapped?  I work A LOT sometimes from home.  I love to go to school but Parker interrupted my ongoing college quest to gain my third AA degree (which I am doing mostly just for fun anyhow and I hope to get back to soon)

Yesterday Parker's Mommy and Auntie Becca went to Disneyland and they brought back the funnest balloon ever!!



Email Your Pictures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment